San Diego is one of the most popular places to live in California because of its majestic beaches, great weather all year round, and plenty of wonderful outdoor activities where you can participate. These make San Diego homes pretty expensive. If you are planning to purchase your dream house in this sunny city, you have to make sure that you commit no error during the home buying process. One important thing that has to be in your home buying checklist is hiring a certified home inspector in San Diego.
Home inspection services in San Diego can provide you with valuable information on your desired home. When buying a house, there are many details that the potential owner has to know-from its wiring and plumbing to the roof. It is important to know that everything is in good condition. Hiring home inspection services guarantees that you will have a clear picture of the structural, electrical, and mechanical condition of the property. This is because home inspection services conduct a thorough examination of a particular property from the foundation up to the roof. Consulting a well-informed San Diego home inspection service can give you peace of mind and assure you the safety of your new residence.
Among the items to be inspected include:
• Structural components, which include walls, ceilings and floors, roofs, and the house foundation
• Exterior of the house, including the coverings of walls, landscape, grading, altitude, and drainage. Other important items that are checked include the driveways and sidewalks, fences, entrances, windowpanes, front yard, frills, illumination, and outdoor containers.
• Roofing, including the loft, frames, provision of fresh air to a room, roof structure, flashing around the chimneys and other junctions, and rain gutters.
• Plumbing, which consists of identification and evaluation of the condition of piping supplies used for pipes such as drain, waste, exhaust, and potable. Tub and bath equipment such as toilets, sinks, faucets, tubs, showers, and traps are also checked. However, the sewerage system is not included in the inspection.
• Ventilation, cooling, and heating systems and their components
• Electrical system, such as the circuit breakers, main panel, exhausts and ceiling fans, wiring, grounding, receptacles, and light fixtures.
• Built-in and major appliances, which include dishwasher, oven, range microwaves, smoke detectors, and garbage disposal.
• Garage, including the paving slab, walls and ceiling, vents, entrance, firewall, door and windows, garage openers, lights, receptacles, outer walls, and roof.
However, asbestos, radon gas, lead paint, toxic mold, and pest control are not covered in home inspection services. Specific licenses for each item are required for the inspection.
Knowing how home inspection services check out your house can give you peace of mind in dealing with a certified home inspector. Accordingly, many people find themselves uneasy about home inspection simply because they are unaware of the processes involved. However, as mentioned, hiring a certified home inspector can save you from a lot of trouble and money in the end. Most potential buyers only see the external appearance of the house without realizing that behind the beautiful facade might be hundreds of dollars worth of underlying problems.
One of the most important parts of purchasing any home, whether in San Diego or somewhere else, is the home evaluation process. The cost of hiring a professional San Diego home inspector is very little compared with the cost of possible repairs in the future. In order to make sure that you are making the right choice, have your potential house checked by a professional home inspector before signing the papers.