How Much Does It Cost To Treat A House For Bed Bugs? It Depends On The Treatment Type
If you wondering how much does it cost to treat a house for bed bugs, you have to first decide on what type of treatment might suit your situation such as steam, freezing or chemical spraying.
Then you have to get quotes from reputable companies in your area, as well as checking out references.
Chemical spraying, the most popular treatment, could cost between $1000 to $2000, or more, depending on the size of your house.
If you are armed with knowledge you will be in a much better position to make an informed decision as to which treatment will result in complete pest removal.
Sadly though, in many situations, the reality is that inadequate and unprofessional treatments could make infestations worse.
And if you are too concerned about bed bug extermination cost, delaying the treatment could result in the multiplication of your bug population.You may then end up paying more money eventually to treat a much bigger problem.
Before you jump at the first treatment proposal though, you really should consider the following guidelines. These can be applied to any pest control company.
Questions to help you make the right choice:
1) Is the company licensed?
2) How long has it been in business?
3) Are the technicians certified?
4) Does the company only do bed bug eradication?
You might prefer specialists only.
5) Are there any complaints on the Internet about the company?
6) Will they give you references?
7) What type of chemicals do they use and will they provide information on these chemicals?
8) Cost of treatment, and how many treatments are you paying for? Here it starts to get interesting. If they have to come back more than twice, ask if there is going to be a much-reduced charge to repeat the treatment.
9) Is there a warranty?
Given the resistant nature and complexity of bed bugs eradication, I would be skeptical of a company if they offered one.
10) What other services do they provide, and the bed bug removal cost for these services?
The reason: You may want to try other approaches if your first choice is ineffective.
11) Will they treat the entire house or only the bedrooms? As the bugs can travel, you will want to treat all floors.
It is easy to panic when you are in the grips of an infestation. But try to resist and take your time in getting this information. Making the wrong choice could cost you many extra hundreds of dollars and much more bed bug stress than is necessary.
How much does it cost to treat a house for bed bugs is not an easy question to answer, but getting the right knowledge will help you.